HACOT has two distinct applications:
1) Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
• Old Town Housing participates in the Maine Centralized HCV Waiting List. This means you can complete an on-line application, update, check your status, and even print an application receipt. This is available at: http://mainesection8centralwaitlist.org/
• If you wish to come into our office to turn in your application (you will be placed on the list after our office processes), the form is at HCV Application.
HACOT has admission preferences for the HCV program that give certain households the opportunity to be screened for eligibility ahead of applicants that do not have a preference. HACOT gives preferences to the following:
• If the household lives in Old Town, Orono, Veazie, Milford, Bradley, Greenbush, Greenfield, Alton or Argyle.
• If at least one member of the household works in Old Town, Orono, Veazie, Milford, Bradley, Greenbush, Greenfield, Alton or Argyle.
• If the household has a family member currently enrolled in school in Old Town, Orono, Veazie, Milford, Bradley, Greenbush, Greenfield, Alton or Argyle.
Please note that you will be required to verify any preference(s) claimed at the time you are offered housing.
2) All Other Properties Owned/Managed by HACOT
If you would like to be considered for rental assistance or to rent an apartment with subsidy provided through the Housing Authority of the City of Old Town, you may call this office at (207) 827-6151 to request that a Preliminary Application Packet be mailed to you. This information is also available on the website. If you wish to print, complete and return the Pre-Application to this office in person or by mail, the instructions are listed below. You will be notified when your Preliminary Application has been received and reviewed.
To be considered for assistance you must do the following:
• Complete and sign all forms in the Preliminary Application Packet;
• Provide a copy of the Social Security Card for all household members;
• Provide a copy of the Birth Certificates for all household members;
• Provide verification of any and all income;
• Be sure to indicate on the Pre-Application which program(s) you are applying for;
• Return all forms and verification to the Old Town Housing Authority.
If you provide all of the above information with your application, your application will be reviewed. If you appear to be eligible, your name will be placed on file for the program(s) indicated. You will be contacted at a later date to further verify and update information. Applicants are selected from the waiting lists by date and time of application.
IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE ALL OF THE ABOVE ATTACHMENTS WITH YOUR PRE-APPLICATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities and you require a specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services, please contact the housing authority. Please do not hesitate to contact this office with any questions you may have.